Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Best Record Of 2005-Small White Town

Small White Town-Danielia Cotton
My top record of the year, it has been a constant in my CD player since September. What can you say about a woman like Danielia? This little gal with the powerful, soulful, rocking voice was the first XPN Artist To Watch in 2005. I just missed seeing her at the AATMF, although enough people clued me that I got some idea of what I was in for at her performances at Haddon Heights in August and the World CafĂ© Live Downstairs in October. While “Devil In Disguise” was the first single off the CD played by XPN, my favorite track on the CD is the rocking “Today”. But there is not a weak cut here, from the R&B-flavored “Pride” to the heartfelt “It’s Only Life”. If you ever see her, wait for her usual encore, a cover of AC/DC’s “Back In Black” that she and her band rip into with true gusto.

No comments: