Sunday, June 03, 2007

Delta 5-I Finally Got It!

Back in the late '70s and early '80s, I was a little aware of what was happening in the worlds of punk, post-punk, and New Wave music. I knew the Clash, of course, and Gang of Four, but it wasn't until almost the mid-'80s, when listening to the late, great WHFS-FM that I first heard Delta 5. The brief-lived post-punk group out of Leeds, England was unique not only for its two bass rhythm section but also its female leadership.

After success with songs like "Mind Your Own Business", "You", and "Try", they broke up after releasing a single full-length album. Late last year, Kill Rock Stars released a compilation of their early material, Singles & Sessions 1979-81, which also includes Peel sessions. It's just a shame it took until now for this to come out! And for me to buy it at Philly's AKA Records!

No comments: