Friday, April 14, 2006

The Hills Are Alive With The Sound Of Muzak

Muzak has been a major part of Western culture for decades, so much a part of the background that, probably like most people, I never really thought about it very much. That is, until I read an article in the 10 April 2006 issue of the New Yorker. There's a lot of psychology behind this music service, always has been. But apparently, in recent years, it's been backed by more research than ever. The company began to completely shed its "elevator music" image and now, it personalizes its music mix for various clients, both in the office and retail environments. That's when I thought of a few lines from the classic 80s hit song "Escalator of Life", by Philly's own Robert Hazard:
Muzak music make me feel so funny
I went and spent all my money
We're riding on the escalator of life
We're shopping in the human mall
The New Yorker Muzak article

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»