Monday, June 25, 2007

Best Records of 2007 So Far

With 2007 nearly halfway over, this is as good a time as any for me to list my favorite records for the year. I haven't bought all of the records I expected to right away, which is why I am only now getting around to Arcade Fire's Neon Bible.

But I have some definite favorites, especially Feist's The Reminder, which I like even more than 2005's Let it Die. And Jeff Tweedy and the boys in Wilco have dialed it down a notch in Sky Blue Sky, maybe their best in years.

Here's my top 10 (in no particular order):

Two Shoes-The Cat Empire
Costello Music-The Fratellis
The Reminder-Feist
Or Give Me Death-Aqueduct
Never Hear The End Of It-Sloan
Neon Bible-Arcade Fire
Sky Blue Sky-Wilco
Wincing The Night Away-The Shins
a CHILD but in life yet a DOCTOR in love-Magic Bullets
Immaculate Machine's Fables-Immaculate Machine

No comments: