Tuesday, June 26, 2007

One Cup At A Time ...

The other day, I was sitting in the lunchroom at the J-O-B finishing off some cauliflower ziti, and washing it down with some of the best lemonade around, Alex's Lemonade. One of the salesguys, who's based on the West Coast, saw the distinctive yellow bottle and asked me about it.

Turns out, as much publicity as Alex's Lemonade has had in the Philadelphia area for a few years now (thanks to racehorse Afleet Alex, especially), there are stll a lot of people who don't know much, if anything, about it.

Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation is a charity that I happen to love and support, so I clued him in on the basic story: young girl with cancer sets up lemonade stands to raise money for researching a cure to pediatric cancer.

He asked me if I trusted Alex's Lemonade like other, bigger charities.I do. I've researched them, and feel a lot more comfortable giving a donation to that group than almost any other one. I am a lot more selective because of a few resources I've looked at that check out charities and provide guidance on how to give wisely:




They all provide some reassurance that people are looking out to see that your money will be well-spent.

No comments: