Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11: Six Years On


It's been six years since the attacks on America. Terrorist plots that would allegedly have resulted in attacks on our soldiers in Germany and at Fort Dix, New Jersey (a case very close to me) have been uncovered and foiled. A Muslim extremist in Utah killed six people in a shopping mall in February.

The war, such as it is, continues.

I have little to no confidence in Michael Chertoff, the Secretary of Homeland Security. He seems to be much the same "empty suit" that Tom Ridge was in that position. I don't think the current administration, nor the Congress, is still doing nearly enough to protect our country's borders, ports, and targets of opportunities. And, too many people have forgotten the horror of that day.

I haven't.

My greatest fear is that many other people won't remember until something even worse happens.

No comments: