Thursday, July 19, 2007

XPoNential Begins Tonight

XPoNential, the WXPN summer music festival formerly known as the All About the Music Festival (and the Singer-Songwriter Weekend before that), opens tonight at Wiggins Park in Camden, New Jersey. There are 4 big days of music this year (up from 3 the last few years); tomorrow is a Y-ROCK oriented lineup of bands. This is the first year I will be a Key Coordinator. I'm so psyched for being able to contribute more as part of the team. The weather forecast is looking good: sunny, low humidity, and breezes off the Delaware River. I've got my fingers crossed that we have no repeat of the lightning, wind, and torrential rain from last year!

Tonight's show opens with Slo-Mo, featuring Mic Wrecka, and also includes James Hunter, with funk masters Tower of Power finishing things off. Tomorrow, I'm planning on seeing Cracker, the mystery guest substituting for the injured Bob Mould, and the Fratellis, one of LRC's favorites. Saturday, I'll be happy with just seeing the Cat Empire. Sunday brings Philly local fave Dr. Dog, Kids Corner perennial Ernie & Neal, the Smithereens, and Marc Broussard (who we saw at a Free at Noon concert, which blew us away).

It's a good thing I took Monday off from work-between our volunteer duties and running into fellow volunteers and boardies, it's going to be a tiring few days!

No comments: