Friday, March 02, 2007

GEICO's Cavemen: Their 15 Minutes Are Not Up

I've been amused by those GEICO TV ads featuring the "cavemen" since the first one, "Apology", premiered back in 2004. Roast duck with mango salsa, anyone? More ads have followed, as well as print ads & direct mail. And, one of them was in a series of pieces with Phil Simms in the Super Bowl pre-game show this year. Today, I read this in the trades:
Winner for most unusual piece of development this pilot season goes to ABC, which has turned a series of quirky Geico commercials into an actual half-hour comedy project."Cavemen" will revolve around three pre-historic men who must battle prejudice as they attempt to live as normal thirtysomethings in modern Atlanta. Project, from ABC TV Studio, is penned by Joe Lawson, an advertising copywriter who was behind the "Caveman" ads -- as well as other Geico commercials (think the cockney-speaking Geico gecko, and the reality TV spoof "Tiny House").
I love my industry.


1 comment:

Colby said...

Hello. Some time ago you wrote something on your blog about me (Colby Stead) and the music I create. I was curious to know if you would like me to send you our newly released album. I would truly appreciate you listening/reviewing it. Don't hesitate to contact me anytime. Sincerely, Colby Stead info@colbystead.com