Thursday, June 01, 2006

Appel Farm Is Coming ... Is The Ark Ready?

The Appel Farm Arts & Music Festival is this coming Saturday, and once again, boasts an impressive lineup. Richard Thompson is the headliner as far as I'm concerned, although Fountains of Wayne will be going on last. No offense, but Richard Thompson's long career speaks for itself. I can't wait to see him. Then there's James Hunter, the British R&B/Soul sensation who apparently is spending a lot of time lately in Philadelphia. My girlfriend & I wanted to see him a few weeks back at an XPN Free At Noon concert, but couldn't find any parking due to the Penn Relays. Danielia Cotton, whose record Small White Town I named as my Best of 2005, is going to be there-she is a terrific performer! And, of course, there's arts, crafts, food ... and hopefully, no rain. I'll be saying my prayers.

Look for photos, reviews, and stories of a dry, fun-filled day next week!

No comments: