Sunday, June 04, 2006

Appel Farm-Not A Weather Report!

I think I've finally dried out from Appel Farm yesterday. Yes, it rained, of course, it rained. I know I prayed a lot for no rain. But sometimes, the answer is "no".

My girlfriend & I had a pretty awesome time. Musically speaking, there was a lot to love. The ladies all pined for James Hunter; despite dabbing at his face from the humidity in the air, he was the epitome of cool. Danielia Cotton once again belted out another terrific performance, including "Shame" (which is now my favorite song of hers). Crooked Still & Cabin Dogs showed a lot of promise, The day was topped off for us by a fine performance by Richard Thompson. The man is a total master of the guitar, and his rendition of "1952 Vincent Black Lightning" was absolutely bone-chilling.

We ran into a lot of fellow XPN volunteers and boardies during the day, which was cool. But it was also just really nice to sit, even in the rain, eat some yummy couscous salad, and listen to great music!

No comments: