Monday, May 29, 2006

How 'bout Those Phils!

My sweetie & I got to see a fine Phillies game yesterday, a 6-2 win over the Milwaukee Brewers at Citizens Bank Park. There was a solid homer from Ryan Howard (man, that dude can hit), a nice catch from Aaron Rowand (his second game back since the fence-crash injury), and Chase Utley beating out a grounder to start off the fifth inning. Nice work!

This was only my second game at the Park, and as before, I was not disappointed. The sight lines are great, the food & drink are easy to find and reasonably (for a sports event) priced, and the concourses were clean and friendly. Let's just hope the Phils can hang with the Mets and Braves as the season goes on, and get back to the playoffs this year. A word to Pat Gillick (Phils GM): another solid pitcher ... or three would help!

1 comment:

Dee said...

This was my first time at the Bank, and I was very, very pleasantly suprised at how "family-friendly" it is, which only makes it nicer for the rest of us.

I only wish I'd taken more pix on the "Broad Street Line" down there, since it seemed to be more like the "Lacrosse Local At The Linc"!