Friday, May 12, 2006

So What Exactly Does This Perfume Evoke? Lunch?

My vote for the catchiest pop tune so far in 2006 is "Perfume", by the long-lived band Sparks, from their new record Hello, Young Lovers (which I intend to purchase and review in the next few weeks). "Perfume" is a wonderfully bouncy song with elements of synth and a nice string section in the middle.

Besides the huge list of perfume and fashion house brand names, there's this one line that cracks me up:
"The olfactory sense is the sense
that most strongly evokes memories of the past.
Well, screw the past!"
Anyway, I was thinking about this song again when I read today that a new perfume is being introduced to the world, a perfume that smells like blue cheese!

It seems that the Stilton Cheese Makers Association hired an aromatics company to create a new scent, Eau de Stilton. Said perfume is a "symphony of natural base notes including Yarrow, Angelica seed, Clary Sage, and Valerian".

Mmmmmm ... blue cheese perfume ...

Stilton Perfume Story
Stilton Cheese Site

2 comments:

Dee said...

No, I think I'll stick with some "Chanel 5"...I don't believe I'll be sticking any Stilton behind my ears anytime soon.

Of course, you may have different ideas! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»